With many songs being tracked in home studios, few get the opportunity to be mixed by a pair of fresh and objective ears which can often be the difference between a song being heard and one that’s not.
From powerful rhythm sections to an intimate vocal which communicates directly to the audience, we can work wonders for your song.
We can accept mix sessions in almost any media and DAW (Digital Audio Workstation) format. If you would like a guide on how to best prepare a session for delivery to a mixing engineer then please take the time to read the specs proposed by the Producers and Engineers wing of the Grammy foundation located here.
You can send us your multi-track files either in physical form or via the Internet in almost any session format (although we prefer well known standard session formats).
We can then supply you with a mix which is downloadable from our secure client area. This means you don’t need to be physically present at the mixing session.
Because our mixes are 100% instantly recall-able we can make any tweaks if necessary, based on a change list you provide. This makes it a very fast and efficient process saving you time and money!
We also offer the ability to stream what’s coming out of our mix room to your studio in real-time. This means you can provide real-time feedback and hear the changes instantly.
How does the process work?
- Contact Us. We’ll then give you a call and talk about your recording, your vision for the project, and your goals.
- You email us an mp3 of your rough mix.
- We discuss the possibilities. Some mixes just need fine tuning. Others need much more. It’s up to you.
- Send us your audio files or project session on CD, DVD, FTP, or website.
- We mix your recording and send you an mp3 for your comments.
- We work together to ensure you’re happy with the final mix. Using our audio streaming server you can hear your mix in real-time as we make changes together.
- We upload a final high resolution file to our server as well as any stems you might need.
Rates vary based on complexity and quantity of tracks being mixed. We prefer to work on a flat fee per song which includes mixer and studio. Please contact us for more information and a quote.
The Fine Print
We’re pretty easy going but here are a few rules to ensure we can give you most bang for your buck.
- Fixing is not mixing. We evaluate the rough mix and overall sonics of the recording before starting a mix and if there are any problem areas which can be fixed prior to mixing then we’ll let you know.
- We generally mix in a private home studio and then deliver the mix electronically. This allows us to cut down on many costs such as studio rental, extra staff etc which ultimately saves you money. If you wish to be there for the mixing process that’s usually something we can arrange.
- The fee per mix varies with the complexity of the arrangement. Before we start, we will evaluate the song and discuss with you the best way to mix your songs to fit your budget. With years of production and mixing experience, we’re able to quickly identify any potential issues.
- Payment is to be made prior to the job booking to ensure that it is entered into the job schedule.
Please contact us to discuss your needs and how we can help.